Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor - Lesotho
|Type de contrat||CDD|
|Fonction :||Médical / Paramédical|
ICAP-Lesotho is a program of the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University in New York City. The ICAP-Lesotho program provides technical and capacity-building support to strengthen the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) program supported by ICAP. ICAP-Lesotho receives funding from the U.S. Government (USG) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Overall Job Function:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor provides direction and technical assistance to the ICAP-Lesotho multidisciplinary team in the planning and implementation of quality M&E activities required for its program. The M&E Advisor coordinates all routine M&E activities, including data collection, management, analysis, dissemination, and reporting. The M&E Advisor works closely with the clinical and laboratory staff to increase and enhance the quality and use of site-level health information, including PEPFAR indicators, to support informed program decision-making, improved completeness and quality of data recorded on registers, and enhanced patient record systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the MOHSW to develop, implement, and establish systematic reporting procedures in M&E for patient monitoring and to assess programmatic progress; this includes development of mechanisms to capture patient-level data, supervision of data entry, data management, data quality assurance, data analysis, dissemination, and reporting.
• Ensure that ICAP-supported M&E activities at multiple delivery sites conform to national policies and guidelines.
• Collate strategic information including data collected by ICAP Lesotho.
• Work in close collaboration with ICAP NY in supporting research at country level
• Document the programmatic achievements on ICAP Lesotho.
• Provide technical assistance to health facilities, including review of performance and quality of service delivery, on-the-job mentoring for health workers, and evaluation and use of strategic information among health professionals.
• Liaise with the MOHSW on the implementation of M&E systems for TB/HIV activities and contribute to national M&E training.
• Support the MOHSW to develop a national TB/HIV surveillance strategy and plan, as well as to develop, implement, and evaluate patient tracking systems.
• Provide ongoing technical support for the implementation and use of facility TB/HIV information for strategic decision making, in collaboration with the MOHSW.
• Train, mentor, and supervise local ICAP-Lesotho M&E Officers.
• Support the development and/or refinement of materials related to TB/HIV care and treatment.
• Participate in technical working groups related to M&E and surveillance activities.
• Support the ICAP-Lesotho multidisciplinary district teams in regular review meetings, with the aim of monitoring and evaluating the implementation of ongoing activities.
• Regularly liaise with the ICAP-NY M&E team.
• Work closely, and in collaboration, with other partners to maximize partnership strengths and effectively collaborate to implement program goals.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Advanced degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health or related discipline, doctoral degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems, HIV and/or TB M&E experience preferred
• Experience with database analysis using Epi info, Stella, SAS, SPS, and/or Stata
• Strong data management and analysis skills
• Must be computer literate and able to use Windows and MS Office Package, and have knowledge of e-mail and of standard office equipment
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
Please send cover letter, CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are applying for position #M&E - LS in the subject line of your e-mail.